Well it’s the first Monday of 2015, which means for most of you it’s back to the daily work grind. For me being self employed, this means attempting to get my chocolate and turkey filled butt to the gym!
I admit I am NOT a gym rat… in fact I hate it! I am envious of people that love the gym.
Yoga = hate it gives me a headache
Running = apparently I have a weird run
Swimming = I might drown
Anyway 2015 is my year to turn myself into a definite GYM RAT.
Well my progress so far is my outfit… got that sorted!
TOP: FOREVER 21
So to put a damper on your summer (no pun intended), if you are in Toronto then, the heavens have decided to piss down on us today. So there really isn’t anything else to talk about but summer rain fashion.
On a rainy day … whatever the season… we look in our closets and always tend to pull out the darkest shades available… black, grey, navy blue. This is all perfect for me as I live in black and grey. Above are some outfit ideas for you to stay fashionable in today’s sucky weather.
Stripes seem to be the go to print during the rain… no idea why… but I dig it.
For this look I paired a striped Dr Denim ‘Blair’ long sleeve top, with Bershka’s boyfriend jeans… on the foot Saint Laurent studded Rangers boot. Don’t be afraid to add pops of color in your accessories, for this I added a Aldo necklace…. oh and don’t forget your brolly, this one is from Pasotti.
Black … it goes with everything and suits pretty much anyone. Just because it’s raining doesn’t mean you still can’t rock the short shorts look, these are from Sheinside. If it’s a little chilly out pair those short shorts with a little extra coverage, add a big comfy sweater like this one from Enzyme. Add a little boot to keep those feet dry in the puddles… and these boots are actually from Payless! And of course compliment your look with some accessories, such as this sun, moon and star necklace from Charming Charlie…. and this rock star umbrella from… obviously… Alexander McQueen.
Just because it’s raining it doesn’t mean you have to stay inside, or wear a plastic poncho. You can look fashionable in the rain… rock those brollys!
Due to the fact that England is playing again today in the World Cup vs Uruguay. I thought that we should celebrate Britain and what truly amazing Kingdom it is… no bias intended (NOT).
The best way to celebrate England/Britain is to deck yourself and your house in flag gear. So if you are wanting to get your Brit on, or if you have a special British person in your life…these ideas make great gifts!
-Referring to image above-
1. Are you the kind of person that dreams England? Then snuggle under this Union Jack duvet cover… it is sure to keep you warm on a night.
2. There isn’t a better gift than a home made on… so get your chef on and bake a cake! The one above is a sponge cake… but you could also make a trifle! Very British, and delicious.
3. Need a new pair of shoes for the summer? Well our darling friends at Toms have come out with the most perfect Union Jack shoe (I will be adding these to my collection!).
4. By adding a few colored throw cushions onto a bed or couch, it can really brighten up a space, and add some character, with this Union Jack cushion your room will be full of character… amazing character that is.
5. How else to get everyone to look and see your true pride for Britain, than this England flag phone case… everyone will be look and tell you how amazing you are.
I hope you enjoy these gift ideas, and are able to make that Brit in your life truly happy!
COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!